#RoadAlert: 42 roads closed due to Typhoon Lawin as of October 21
MANILA, Philippines – Forty two road sections in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, and Central Luzon have been closed to traffic as of 6 am Friday, October 21, due to Typhoon Lawin (Haima).
This is more than the 34 reported road closures as of Thursday noon, October 20.
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) said the closures are due to flooding, road slips, damaged roads and bridge, high water river levels, fallen electrical posts, soil collapse, and landslides.
Of the 42 closed road sections, 31 are in CAR, 5 are in the Ilocos Region, 2 are in Cagayan Valley, and 2 in Central Luzon.
Those going up to Baguio City are advised to take Marcos Highway.
The following roads are closed:
- Kennon Road
- Western Link Circumferential road (Balacbac Road)
- Shilan-Beckel Road
- Gurel-Bokod-Kabayan Road
- Benguet-Nueva Vizcaya Road
K0271+800,K0319+00, Guisset, Tinongdan, Pito
K0254+236 - K0271+900, Lamute Beckel-Ambuklao Section
- Pico Lamtang Road
K0325+600, Bayoyo, Buguias, Benguet
- Buguias-Abatan Road
K0353+360, Toking, Buguias
K0306+100 - K0309+900 - K0349+800, Gakian Section to Sinipsip Section
- Abatan-Mangkayan-Cervantes Road
K0353+960 - K0354+150
K0354+250 - K0354+500
- Gurel-Bokod-Kabayan-Buguias-Abatan Road
K0357+000 - K0360+900
K0399+600, Cutcot, Buguias Section
- Kabugao-Pudtol-Luna Road
- Conner-Kabugao Road
- Kabugao-Solsona Road
- Kabugao-Pudtol-Luna Road
- Claveria-Calanasan Road
K0638+700 - K0642+000, Maragmin Section
K0643+100 - K0649+200, Salagunting Section
K0672+500 - K0677+100, Rabao Section
- Apayao-Ilocos Norte Road
- Banaue-Hungduan-Benguet Bdry
K0354+000 - K0415+033, Brgy. Bokiawan, Hungduan to Tinoc
- Nueva Vizcaya-Ifugao-Mt. Province Road, O-ong Section
- Banaue-Mayaoyao-Aguinaldo-A.Lista-Isabela Bdry Road, K0380+080, Poblacion, mapawoy, Mayoyao
- Nueva Vizcaya-Ifugao-Mt. Province Bdry. Road, Mt. Polis Section, K0362+242
- Bulo National Road, K0508+092, Bulo Section
- Kalinga-Cagayan Road, K0524+000 to K0526+200
- Tabuk-Banaue Road, K0536+500 and K0538+500, Lubo Section
- Balbalan-Pinukpuk Road, K0513+200, taga Section
- Balbalan-Pinukpuk Road, K0490+950 Comyaas, Balbalan
- Baguio-Bontoc Road, K0342+(-500), Sinto, Bauko, Mt. Province
- Mt Province-Cagayan via Tabuk-Enrile Road, K0392+250-K0420+997, intermittent section
- Mt Province-Nueva Vizcaya
Chico Karayan Bridge
K0362+00-K0384+000, Intermittent section
- Mt Province-Ilocos Sur Road via Kayan
- Jct Talubin-Barlig-Natonin-Paracelis-Calaccad Road, K0377+100
- Dantay-Sagada Road, K0388+700, Pegeo, Sagada
- Batac-Banna Road
- Batac-Pinili Road
- Ilocos Norte-Apayao Road
- Tagudin-Cervantes Road
- Luna-Bangar Road
- Cabagan-Sta Maria Road, Sta Maria Overflow Bridge, K0451+500
- Ilagan-Bigao-Palanan/Bintacan Road, Bintacan Bridge, K0419+000
- NRJ Villa Hermosa-San Pedro-Cabuaan-Disimungal Road, K0367+974 (San Pedro Bridge)
- Dinadiawan-Madela Road
- Nueva Ecija-Aurora Road, K0171+-322 to K0180+000
- Nueva Ecija- Aurora Road, K161+547, Labi Bridge, Brgy. Labi, Bongabon, NE
The DPWH said it has already deployed equipment and maintenance crews for ongoing clearing operations.
As of Thursday 6am, the DPWH estimated the damage to public roads and infrastructure at P3.6 million. – Rappler.com
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As a bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.