Sotto's #NotoRHbill speech flares up social media
MANILA, Philippines - Twitter flared up Monday afternoon, August 13, when Sen Vicente "Tito" Sotto III delivered a speech to explain why he thinks the Reproductive Health bill should not be passed into law.
The senator maintained that contraceptives are abortifacients. He said that he and his wife Helen Gamboa were forced to use contraceptives because of their showbiz careers. But he said he regretted it because it supposedly led to the death of their firstborn child.
Here's how netizens reacted to his speech:
For more updates on the issue of the RH Bill, view our #RHBill Debate Microsite.
Read on for other views on the RH Bill debate:
|Yes to RH Bill||No to RH Bill|
More in #RHBill Debate:
- The 7 Deadly Sins of the RH bill, according to Sotto
- CONVERSATIONS: Are you for or against the #RHbill?
- Nobel Prize winner contradicts CBCP
- Fact Sheet: House Bill 4244 on Reproductive Health
- UN weighs in on RH Bill
- WHO on RH bill: No politics, just facts
- RH bill backers hit bishops' 'science'
- Catholics clash over controversial RH bill
- Poverty, scarcity and the rule of the Catholic Church