MANILA, Philippines – The family of Interior Secretary Jesse Robredo is trying to confirm a report that he is now safe, his daughter said Saturday, August 18, after a plane carrying the secretary crashed off Masbate.
Robredo was on board a Piper Seneca plane, which was bound for Naga from Cebu. The plane crashed in sea.
“We got news he was found but confirming with (the) radio source. No news (or) confirmation yet now. Just asking for prayers now,” his daughter Aika Robredo told Rappler in a text message.
Aika said their family was supposed to go to Naga for the long weekend. “My sister and I to take bus tonight. My dad was supposed to fly back to Manila but went straight to Naga,” she said.
The secretary’s family is now in Naga, praying for his safety. – Rappler.com
- Robredo family: We’re bracing for worst
- Divers go deeper in search and rescue
- ‘We can’t lose Robredo’
- Search for Robredo suspended until Monday
- Daughter of ill-fated plane’s pilot waits for ‘miracle’
- Robredo brother: Dead or alive, I just want him found
- Diver recovers flight plan of Robredo plane
- Robredo aide recounts to Aquino what happened
- Technical divers can search for Robredo
- VLOG: Masbate somber but hopeful for Robredo rescue