Naga shocked by Robredo's death
NAGA CITY, Philippines - Late DILG chief Jesse Robredo's family, friends and supporters received with deep sorrow the news that his dead body has been retrieved from the plane crash site in Masbate on Tuesday, August 21.
Inside the Robredo family home there was chaos. From being empty, guests started quickly coming in while many supports were sobbing, among them employees of Naga City Hall who worked with Robredo for years.
Chaos here outside Robredo's home. From being empty, guests quickly coming in. twitter.com/natashya_g/sta…— Natashya Gutierrez (@natashya_g) August 21, 2012
"He is a friend, I've known him since we were 5 yrs old. He was a good man," said former solicitor general Joel Cadiz.
Just a few minutes before the news came in volunteers were still upbeat.
They said dapat nagparamdam na siya (he should have gave us a warning) f he were no longer alive. Even if people were "realistic," everyone outside is in absolute shock.
The house is decorated with yellow ribbons outside the gate to commemorate the the 29th anniversary of Ninoy Aquino, the late father of President Benigno Aquino III.
The body of the Interior and Local Government Secretary was located and retrieved Tuesday, August 21, ending nearly 3 days of intense search off the Masbate City coast after their plane crashed in the area Saturday.
He was 54. - Rappler.com
- Jesse Robredo's journey back home
- Pilots' families in deep sorrow
- Bodies of Robredo, 2 pilots found
- 3-person diving team spotted bodies
- What Robredo’s Tuesday would have been like
- PNoy's promises to Robredo's wife
- ‘Robredo accident eye-opener for Masbate’
- Robredo family: We're bracing for worst
- Divers go deeper in search and rescue
- 'We can’t lose Robredo’
- Diver recovers flight plan of Robredo plane
- Robredo aide recounts to Aquino what happened
- VLOG: Masbate somber but hopeful for Robredo rescue