The prosecution panel on Wednesday, January 25, requested the Senate to subpoena various bank presidents and managers to testify and present to the impeachment court bank records of Chief Justice Renato Corona and his wife Cristina.
They want two types of subpoena issued. Subpoena ad testificandum and subpoena duces tecum. The prosecution wants them to appear on Thursday, January 26. The following records are particularly requested: Original and certified true copies of Account Opening Form and Monthly Bank Statement.
The prosecution identified the following names:
1) Renato C. Corona
2) Cristina R. Corona
3) Renato C. Corona and/or Cristina R. Corona
4) Renato C. Corona and Cristina R. Corona
5) Renato C. Corona or Cristina R. Corona
The following banks were identified:
1) Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI) Ayala Avenue Branch, December 1, 2004 to present
2) Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (RCBC) Katipunan Avenue Branch, March 1, 2004 to present
3) Philippine National Bank Main Branch, December 1, 2002 to present
4) Land Bank of the Philippines Main Branch, March 1, 2003 to present
5) Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) Family Savings Bank Main Branch, March 1, 2003 to present
The request was signed by lead prosecutor Niel Tupas Jr who wants the documents. – Rappler.com