NAGA CITY, Philippines – President Benigno Aquino III arrived in Naga to meet with the family of deceased Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo after his body was retrieved from the Masbate plane crash site on Tuesday, August 21.
Aquino went straight from the airport to the Imperial Homes funeral house. He personally accompanied the casket when it was brought inside Imperial Homes, where the Robredo family was waiting.
The President was accompanied by several Cabinet secretaries, among them Mar Roxas and Ricky Carandang.
Robredo body now inside the funeral parlor after being dropped off by convoy from airport. Naguenos now waiting outside. Crowded in seconds— Natashya Gutierrez (@natashya_g) August 21, 2012
Aquino later met inside the funeral parlor with Robredo’s widow, lawyer Leni Robredo, and the late Cabinet official’s 3 daughters: Aika, 24; Patricia, 18; and Jillian, 12.
Robredo’s corpse was flown in from Masbate and the remains will be at the Naga archbishop’s palace starting 5 pm, according to family spokesman Jun Lavadia.
Robredo’s body was finally located and retrieved Tuesday, August 21, ending nearly 3 days of intense search off the Masbate City coast after their plane crashed in the area on Saturday. – Rappler.com
- Jesse Robredo’s journey back home
- Pilots’ families in deep sorrow
- Bodies of Robredo, 2 pilots found
- 3-person diving team spotted bodies
- What Robredo’s Tuesday would have been like
- PNoy’s promises to Robredo’s wife
- ‘Robredo accident eye-opener for Masbate’
- Robredo family: We’re bracing for worst
- Divers go deeper in search and rescue
- ‘We can’t lose Robredo’
- Diver recovers flight plan of Robredo plane
- Robredo aide recounts to Aquino what happened
- VLOG: Masbate somber but hopeful for Robredo rescue