For the last time, Palace bids Robredo farewell
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) - For the last time, Malacañang bade Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo farewell.
President Aquino and the entire Cabinet were present early morning Sunday, August 26, during the departure honors for the late DILG chief, whose remains were flown back to Naga City.
The departure honors, led by the Presidential Security Group (PSG), was held at 7 am outside the Kalayaan Hall.
With the PSG Band playing "Nearer My God to Thee," Robredo's casket was brought out of Kalayaan Hall by 8 casketbearers at exactly 7 am, with the late secretary's family, led by Atty Leni Robredo, and the entire Cabinet waiting outside.
The six honorary pallbearers who assisted in the arrival honors on Friday - Secretary Florencio Abad, Secretary Mar Roxas, Rep. Jun Abaya, Kaya Natin's Harvey Keh, Alice Murphy, and Joan dela Cruz - were also on hand for the departure.
A 19-gun salute marked the Palace's final sendoff for one of its top officials.
From Malacañang, his body was brought to Villamor Airbase, where the Armed Forces gave departure honors.
As was during his body's arrival from Naga, citizens lined up the streets as the funeral cortege made its way from the Palace to Villamor.
The plane carrying the late secretary's body departed Manila at 8:14 am. His body was accompanied by his immediate family inside the plane.
Another chartered plane, carrying the rest of the group bound for Naga City, followed a few minutes later.
Prior to the departure ceremonies, Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Tagle celebrated a mass for Robredo, attended by his family and Cabinet officials. - Rappler.com
- Leni Robredo to Jesse: Rest well, we love you forever
- Aquino to Robredo: Mission accomplished
- #SalamatJesse: tributes to the late Jesse Robredo
- Homily at the requiem mass for Sec Jesse Robredo
- [VLOG] Carmela Fonbuena: Robredo's last day in Naga
- Nation bids final farewell to Robredo
- Aika Robredo: Family 'at peace'
- The day Naga found out Robredo died
- National Days of Mourning for Robredo
- Jesse Robredo's journey back home
- PNoy's promises to Robredo's wife