Bomb threat forces temporary closure of EDSA-Main Avenue
This is a developing story. Please refresh for updates.
MANILA, Philippines – A bomb threat on Sunday evening, April 17, triggered the temporary closure of the northbound lane of EDSA-Main Avenue in Cubao, Quezon City.
In a tweet posted at 8:50 pm, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) told motorists to expect heavy traffic and take alternate routes.
The MMDA did not give further details about the bomb threat, but reports said a suspicious package was found inside a bus.
ADVISORY: Temporary Road Closure at EDSA Main Avenue NB due to Bomb Threat. Expect heavy traffic in the area. Take alternate route. #mmda— Official MMDA (@MMDA) April 17, 2016
Social media users reported heavy traffic following the temporary closure.
Edsa in stand still because of a bomb threat along edsa cubao. Stay safe everyone and iwas edsa muna tayo. pic.twitter.com/7qv6wjYqlX— Eli Martinez (@ohoheli) April 17, 2016
Heavy traffic in cubao edsa because of road close due to bomb threat.#atm keep safe everyone!— Katherine Imperial (@kattylove) April 17, 2016
Operations of the Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT3) were also suspended.
Halted MRT operations because of the bomb threat. (Santolan Station) pic.twitter.com/a0vLh0VSjt— Eli Martinez (@ohoheli) April 17, 2016
Past 10 pm, the MMDA later told netizens that all lanes of EDSA had been reopened.
More details to follow. – Rappler.com