4 drug suspects killed in Negros Occidental bust
NEGROS OCCIDENTAL, Philippines (UPDATED) – Four suspects, including a town's top drug personality, were killed in a police shootout during a drug buy-bust operation in Pontevedra town early Wednesday, July 27.
Police identified the fatalities as Andrew Tuvilla, Pontevedra's top drug suspect, Ramon Lanzar, also of Pontevendra; and Monterio Jiloma and Leo Uberas, both of San Enrique town.
Chief Inspector Ariel Pico, town police chief, said Tuvilla sold a sachet of suspected shabu to an undercover policeman outside his house in Barangay Miranda at around 12:50 am on Wednesday.
Minutes later, gunshots were heard, followed by a brief chase. The suspect and his companions allegedly resisted arrest.
Recovered from Tuvilla were .45 caliber with several ammunition, sachets of suspected shabu with a street value of P30,000, and P46,880 cash. The other suspects also yielded firearms and ammunition.
Pico said while Tuvilla surrendered to police last week, he still continued his illegal drug activities, citing the complaint of the suspect's neighbors.
This prompted the police to conduct the drug operation against the suspect, led by operatives of the Provincial Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Task Group (PAIDSOTG) and the Pontevedra Municipal Police Station.
Police are still probing the incident.
Over a thousand drug suspects have surrendered in the province since the Duterte administration stepped up the war on drugs, among them, Alain Gamboa, a top drug personality in Silay City. (READ: Duterte inspires Negros Occidental cops to intensify campaign vs drugs) – Rappler.com