Reward for Davao blast suspects raised to P3M
MANILA, Philippines – The Davao City government has raised the reward money for information and the arrest of Davao City blast suspects to P3 million, according to a press release sent on Thursday, September 8.
Previously, Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio offered a P2-million reward – P1 million for information on the suspects and P1 million for their arrest.
While the P1 million for information on the identity and whereabouts of the suspects remains, the reward for the arrest has been raised to P2 million. (READ: Davao blast: What we know so far)
Duterte-Carpio emphasized that she wants the suspects alive so she can get information from them.
The mayor said the raising of the reward money comes after two persons donated additonal funds to the city government.
"A businessman in Davao City donated P500,000 for the additional reward money and a law firm, through Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez, also gave another P500,000," Duterte-Carpio said.
Davao City residents can call Central 911 for any information about the suspects. For those living outside the city, the number to contact is 0917-3883783.
Police have released a sketch of the blast's primary suspect – a slim, 5'7" tall male who allegedly went for a massage but left hurriedly after leaving behind a bag which police say contained the improvised explosive device.
There are at least 4 "persons of interest" – either blast suspects or people who could identify the suspect – in the probe.
The Davao City Council earlier approved the release of P4.5 million in cash assistance for the 14 victims and 70 injured from the Roxas Night Market explosion.
The funds will come from the city government's crisis intervention budget.
The families of the 14 fatalities will receive P40,000 each, while the 70 injured will be given P30,000 each, according to the press release. The money was supposed to have been ready for release on Tuesday, September 6.
City Hall also said it would pay for the food expenses at the wake of the 14 victims for up to 10 days, as well as the meals of those watching over the victims for up to 20 days.
Families of the 14 victims need only pay for the excavation fee at the Davao Memorial Park. The city government said it would shoulder the cost of the burial lots.
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III gave P10,000 cash assistance to each of the families of the 14 fatalities and P5,000 to each of the injured.
The cash came from the Employment Compensation Commission and the Occupational Safety and Health Council under the Department of Labor and Employment.
As of Monday, the documents required for the payment of medical bills of all the victims were being processed, said Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office Davao manager Gloria Ybanez. – Rappler.com