MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte may soon reveal his next “thick” list of drug personalities since it has just passed “final validation.”
“Meron pa ko, gano’n kakapal. I have the third now and final validation, tapos na,” said Duterte on Tuesday, September 13, while talking to Philippine Air Force troops at Villamor Air Base.
(I still have another list, this thick. I have the third now and final validation, it has been completed.)
Duterte previously read out the names of over 150 local government officials, judges, and police he claims are involved in the illegal drug trade, and said more names would be revealed.
The President added then that the names come from drug watchlists of various law enforcement and intelligence agencies. (READ: PDEA, NBI, PNP quizzed: Where did Duterte get drug list info?)
The list was criticized for containing outdated information, including names of dead officials, or wrongly spelled names.
Duterte said if he himself is unable to bring justice to those in the list, the task he started would fall on someone else’s shoulders.
“‘Pag hindi ko nabasa ‘yan, sabi ko (If I’m not able to read them out, I said), if it will outlast me, then I’ll leave you a legacy of the list of persons you have to take care of,” he said.
The President issued a vague warning should those in his list not surrender.
“‘Pag hindi ninyo nadala ito ng maayos na pakiusap, bahala na kayo, alam na ninyo kung anong gawin ninyo,” he said.
(If this can’t be resolved through talking, it’s up to you, you know what you have to do.)
Before his list of over 150 names, Duterte announced the names of 5 police generals allegedly involved in drugs. He has also released a supposed matrix of the illegal drug trade in the New Bilibid Prison.