Pagcor, Indian association donate P5.7M to Davao blast victims

Rappler.com
Pagcor, Indian association donate P5.7M to Davao blast victims
'We are ready to help, since we have been the beneficiary of the city’s development, growth and the goodness of its people,' says Dr David Pillai of the Davao Medical Education Management Services

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) and the Davao Medical Education Management Services (DMEMS) extended a total of P5.7 million to victims of the September 2 night market bombing in Davao City.

In separate press releases, the Davao City government said the state gaming corporation donated P5 million, while the Dr David Pillai donated P700,000 on behalf of the DMEMS, an organization that helps Indians studying in Davao.

The financial assistance from DEMS is the group’s way of saying thanks to the Davao City government for making the city welcoming for Indian nationals, Pillai was quoted in the press release on Monday, September 19.

“We love the city, the city’s discipline, cleanliness, development, the hospitality of the people, all of these put together; we are in love with the city. And if the city is in a difficult situation or experiencing problems or suffering we are ready to help, since we have been the beneficiary of the city’s development, growth and the goodness of its people. We are here, standing together to support Davao and its people,” Pillai said.

Medicines, hospital expenses

PAGCOR GIVES. PAGCOR gives P5M assistance to Davao's night market blast victims through Arnell Ignacio, assistant vice president for Community Relation and Services Department. Photo by CIO

Pagcor, meanwhile, gave P5 million in financial assistance to the Davao City Government, meant for medicines and hospital expenses of the victims.

Arnell Ignacio, Pagcor’s vice president for community affairs, handed over the P5-million check to City Administrator Zuleika Lopez, who represented Mayor Sara Duterte Carpio.

Ignacio said Pagcor ensures its office’s financial assistance goes to legitimate recipients.

Earlier on September 5, Davao City 1st District Representative Karlo Nograles filed a House resolution urging lawmakers to make P5,000 donations for the families of Davao City blast victims. – Rappler.com

Add a comment

Sort by

There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.