MANILA, Philippines – Less than a month after President Rodrigo Duterte called it “corruption-ridden,” the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) announced that it had let go of dozens of employees in its anti-corruption campaign.
The agency recently announced that its officials, along with stakeholders in the transport sector, visited 14 regional offices (excluding the ones in Cagayan Valley and the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao). They investigated reports of corruption, and uncovered names of employees as well as the amounts of bribe money involved.
The LTFRB said it will continue conducting lifestyle checks and spot audits on employees and officials.
Here is a list of employees who were made to retire or resign, and those who were terminated or suspended:
- 2 resigned regional directors (RD) (Bicol and Northern Mindanao)
- 2 retired RDs (Western Visayas & Davao Region)
- 1 suspended RD (Eastern Visayas)
- 1 resigned Legal Division (Central Office)
- 1 resigned Acting Chief, Transportation Development Officer (CTDO) (Bicol)
- 1 terminated Chief Public Assistance and Complaints Desk (PACD)
- 3 resigned Atty. IV (Hearing Officer) (Metro Manila, Bicol, Zamboanga Peninsula)
- 1 retired Administrative Officer V (Davao Region)
- 1 resigned TDO (Zamboanga Peninsula)
- 1 resigned Admin Asst. III (Ilocos Region)
- 4 resigned Admin Aide (Ilocos Region, Bicol, Metro Manila, Soccksksargen)
- 1 resigned Clerk 111 (Metro Manila)
- 1 resigned Financial Analyst (Bicol)
- 19 terminated Taxi Resealers
The following are under investigation:
- 4 employees of Ilocos Region
- Regional Director (RD) of Eastern Visayas
- OIC RD of Department of Transportation – Cordillera Administrative Region
- 3 employees of LTFRB Metro Manila
Through Memoranum Order 2016-188, LTFRB has designated 3 liason officers to review cases from provinces and regions in Luzon, the Visayas, and Mindanao.
Memorandum Order 2016-02, meanwhile, addresses the problem of fixers in agency. by enforcing a stricter registration of non-employees entering the building. LTFRB employees are akso required to fill up official and personal business slips to keep them from delaying their work.
When was the last time you transacted with an LTFRB office? Have you observed these changes? Tell us in the comments below. – Rappler.com
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.