SC: Leak in Bar exams not true
MANILA, Philippines – (UPDATED) There is no truth to “unsubstantiated social media rumors” that the questions for the Commercial Law and Criminal Law exams were leaked.
Supreme Court Associate Justice Presbitero Velasco Jr, also Chair of the 2016 Bar examinations, said on Thursday, November 24, “The Office of the Bar Chairperson has investigated the matter and has come to the conclusion that the questions remained confidential before the scheduled exams. The findings show that there is no truth to any of these unsubstantiated social media rumors.”
Velasco also said that there is likewise no truth to reports that the Supreme Court en banc, with the deans of the different law schools, “is considering the cancellation of this year’s Bar Examinations or the re-administration of the affected subjects. There is no iota of truth to these statements.”
He said the unfound reports irresponsibly being circulated on social media “only undermine the efforts of the Bar Chairperson to safeguard the confidentiality and integrity of the Bar Exams.”
Exams in Commercial Law and Criminal Law, Presbitero said, will not be cancelled or re-administered.
A total of 6,924 law graduates applied for the 115th Bar exams which had been scheduled on 4 consecutive Sundays of the month starting November 6.
A total of 3,317 of the candidates are first-time takers while 3,514 are retakers.
The first day of the exams covered Political and Public International Law, Labor Law, and Social Legislation.
This Sunday, November 27, marks the last day of the exams. Examinees will be taking tests on Remedial Law and Legal Ethics. – Rappler.com