IN PHOTOS: Signs of the times at Luneta rally
MANILA, Philippines – Thousands occupied Luneta despite light rain on Friday night, November 25, to voice their sentiments against the burial of former president Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.
Veteran activists, Martial Law victims, politicians and even artists shared their sentiments with the crowd that had gathered. Protesters also shouted at the top of their lungs old chants like, “Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, Tuta!” (Marcos, Hitler, Dictator, Lapdog!)
In the middle of these activities during the 6-hour rally, what also caught the attention – and amusement – of many were the out-of-the-box placards.
Some of them expressed their rage on mere pieces of paper.
But there were others who poured more time and skills to make theirs stand out.
There were also those who just provided information – or pointed out the absence or lack of it.
There were shoutouts to millennials who made up a good number of the thousands-strong crowd.
And of course, love – or the search for it – was part of the messaging too.
For highlights of the November 25 rallies across the country, go to Rappler's live blog. – Rappler.com
Stories from the November 25 rallies:
- The night Ferdinand Marcos was buried – again
- Students at anti-Marcos rally: We're part of the fight
- Luneta protesters to Duterte: End alliance with Marcos family
- UP Oblation Run hits Marcos burial at Heroes' Cemetery
- Sideshow: Group goes to Luneta to defend Duterte
- IN PHOTOS: Signs of the times at Luneta rally
From the provinces
- Baguio anti-Marcos rally: 'This will not be the last'
- Ilocanos protest too: 'Marcos is no hero'
- Bishop to Marcoses: Don't use a corpse for ambitions
- Bicol protesters: Hold Duterte accountable for Marcos burial
- Bacolod: Negrenses rally in heavy rain vs Marcos burial
- Ilonggos brave rains to protest Marcos burial
- Protesters in Imelda’s Tacloban: Dig up Marcos remains
- IN PHOTOS: Anti-Marcos rallies outside Metro Manila