(UPDATED) MANILA, Philippines – Philippine Ambassador to Kuwait Shulan Primavera will be investigated after being accused of sexual harassment by a Filipina maid, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said on Thursday, November 8.
“Once it has received approval from the President, the DFA will conduct an investigation on the allegation leveled against him,” DFA Spokesman Raul Hernandez told Rappler in a text message.
Hernandez added that “due process will be observed” as stipulated in Republic Act 7157 and the diplomat has not yet been recalled from his post.
According to a report by ABS-CBN’s TV Patrol, the maid had been working for over 8 months at Primavera’s residence in the emirate when, she said, he attempted to engage in sexual relations with her and tried to take off her bra.
Primavera told the same program that it is all a lie and the woman is being used by one of his enemies to destroy his image.
Asked about the issue, Presidential Spokesman Edwin Lacierda said Cecile Robong, special assistant Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, has been looking into the matter since Wednesday night, when the DFA was informed.
“I made inquiries last night with Undersecretary Rebong on the veracity of the claim of the Filipina domestic helper. We just want to get all the facts,” Lacierda told reporters during a regular press briefing in Malacañang Palace.
Primavera — a 63-year-old former ambassador to Egypt, Indonesia and DFA Assistant Secretary for Middle East and African Affairs — was appointed to the Kuwait mission by President Benigno Aquino III in June 2010. – Rappler.com
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.