Magnitude 5.8 aftershock hits Leyte
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – A magnitude 5.8 aftershock struck the province of Leyte on Monday, July 10.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said the quake struck off Ormoc City, Leyte at 9:41 am on Monday.
It earlier put the aftershock's magnitude at 5.4, then later revised it to 5.8.
Phivolcs also warned that damage is expected following the aftershock. (READ: #EarthquakePH: What to do during aftershocks)
The following intensities were recorded:
- Intensity VI - Ormoc City
- Intensity V - Kananga, Leyte
- Intensity IV - Mayorga, Leyte; Tacloban City; Mandaue City, Cebu
- Intensity III - Loay, Maribojoc, and Jagna in Bohol; Cebu City; Talisay City, Cebu
- Intensity II - Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu; Cadiz City, Negros Occidental; Iloilo City; Tabogon, Cebu
- Intensity I – Guihulngan, Negros Oriental
Here are some scenes in Leyte immediately after the latest earthquake: