6.3-magnitude earthquake hits Batangas
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – A magnitude 6.3 earthquake jolted Batangas on Friday, August 11, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs).
Phivolcs said aftershocks are expected after the quake, which was tectonic in origin, hit Nasugbu, Batangas, at 1:28 pm Friday.
The following intensities were reported:
- Intensity IV - Calapan, Mindoro; Subic, Zambales; Rosario, Cavite; Manila City; Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro
- Intensity III - Pateros City; Quezon City; Makati City; Malolos, Bulacan; Cainta, Rizal; Calamba, Laguna
- Intensity II - Magalang, Pampanga; Tanauan City, Batangas
- Intensity I - Talisay, Batangas
- Intensity III - Calumpit, San Ildefonso, Bulacan; Tagaytay City
- Intenisty II - Lucban, Quezon
Phivolcs said no damage is expected after the earthquake.
"We don’t expect that this will trigger the movement of other faults," Phivolcs Director Renato Solidum said in an interview on ANC. – Rappler.com