Parts of EDSA closed on February 25 People Power Anniversary
MANILA, Philippines – Portions of EDSA will be closed for the 32nd anniversary of the People Power Revolution, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced on Friday, February 23.
The MMDA said northbound section of EDSA from Ortigas Avenue to Boni Serrano Avenue will be partially closed from 12 am to 6 am on Sunday, February 25.
Two outer lanes of EDSA northbound will be closed to traffic but the 3 inner lanes from the EDSA-Ortigas flyover will still be passable to motorists, but up to the Camp Aguinaldo gate only.
Both directions along White Plains Drive, from Temple Drive to EDSA, will be closed to traffic 12:01 am onwards on Sunday.
The innermost lane of EDSA southbound will be used as a zipper lane for light vehicles from SM Megamall to Main Avenue in Quezon City.
Traffic officials announced the following alternative routes:
Along Ortigas Avenue:
- Left turning traffic from Greenhills to EDSA must go straight along Ortigas Avenue to destination
- Right turning traffic from Meralco Avenue must go straight to Greenhills to destination
- Turn right to Aurora Boulevard or Boni Serrano Avenue
- Left turn to Gilmore or Ortigas
- Right to EDSA to destination
- Right turn to Katipunan or Libis-C5 Road
- Right turn to Kalayaan/Shaw Boulevard/Ortigas, then left turn to C5 Road to destination
- Left to Ortigas to Greenhills, right turn to Santolan to destination
- Right turn to Ortigas, or take Ortigas flyover to Greenhills, right turn to destination
- Take Rockwell flyover, left turn to Estrella and take Estrella/Pantaleon Bridge to destination
We keep you informed because you matter
We tell you the stories that matter. We ask, we probe, we explain.
But as we strive to do all this and speak truth to power, we face constant threats to our independence.
Help us make a difference through free and fearless journalism. With your help, you enable us to keep providing you with our brand of compelling and investigative work.
Joining Rappler PLUS allows us to build communities of action with you. PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join exclusive online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.