Expect heavy traffic in these Manila areas due to Labor Day activities
MANILA, Philippines – With at least 8,000 protesters expected to join rallies and other activities on Tuesday, May 1, Labor Day, the Manila Police District reminds the public of possible traffic congestion within the vicinity of the following areas in Manila:
- Department of Labor and Employment main office, Intramuros
- Plaza Miranda
- Liwasang Bonifacio
- United States embassy along Roxas Boulevard
For alternate routes going to Mendiola:
- Vehicles coming from Legarda shall turn right to Bustillos to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from P. Casal shall turn left to C. Aguila to point of destination.
- Vehicles utilizing the eastbound lane of CM Recto shall turn levy or right to Rizal ave to point of destination.
Alternate routes going to US embassy:
- Vehicles coming from the westbound lane of Kalaw intending to utilize the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall turn left to MH Del Pilar to point of destination.
- Vehicles intending to utilize the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall turn left to P. Burgos to point of destination.
The MPD also reminds the public that the closing and opening of affected roads will be based on actual traffic conditions. – Rappler.com
We keep you informed because you matter
We tell you the stories that matter. We ask, we probe, we explain.
But as we strive to do all this and speak truth to power, we face constant threats to our independence.
Help us make a difference through free and fearless journalism. With your help, you enable us to keep providing you with our brand of compelling and investigative work.
Joining Rappler PLUS allows us to build communities of action with you. PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join exclusive online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.