Villar, Pacquiao remain richest senators in 2017
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – Cynthia Villar and Manny Pacquiao remain the richest senators in 2017, according to their Statements of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth (SALNs).
Based on copies of their SALNs obtained by Rappler on Thursday, May 17, Villar reported a net worth of P3,611,260,766, while Pacquiao declared P2,946,315,029.93.
Compared to 2016, Villar's net worth increased by P5.23 million, while Pacquiao's decreased by P126 million, the biggest drop among the senators.
Meanwhile, Senator Antonio Trillanes IV remains the poorest senator, with a net worth of P6,871,743.64.
Back in 2016, Trillanes had become the poorest senator – which was previously Senator Francis Escudero.
Among the senators, Juan Miguel Zubiri recorded the highest increase in net worth, from P121,768,713.77 in 2016 to P152,094,252.72 in 2017, or an increase of P30.33 million.
On the other hand, besides Pacquiao, 4 other senators saw their net worths decrease in 2017: Sherwin Gatchalian (down by P3.92 million), Panfilo Lacson (by P2.4 million), Joseph Victor Ejercito (by more than P177,000), and Risa Hontiveros (by more than P136,000).
Here's the list of senators, ranked by their declared 2017 net worth:
- Cynthia Villar – P3,611,260,766.00
- Manny Pacquiao – P2,946,315,029.93
- Ralph Recto – P538,889,914.15
- Juan Miguel Zubiri – P152,094,252.72
- Juan Edgardo Angara – P131,765,860.00
- Franklin Drilon – P93,727,005.00
- Grace Poe – P90,674,709.72
- Sherwin Gatchalian – P88,226,485.77
- Joseph Victor Ejercito – P78,953,332.58
- Richard Gordon – P69,508,942.57
- Vicente Sotto III – P64,730,400.00
- Nancy Binay – P60,612,685.00
- Loren Legarda – P51,316,903.13
- Paolo Benigno Aquino IV – P39,192,743.62
- Panfilo Lacson – P36,305,440.90
- Gregorio Honasan II – P25,243,912.89
- Joel Villanueva – P23,727,895.00
- Aquilino Pimentel III – P18,110,000.00
- Risa Hontiveros – P16,196,665.71
- Francis Pangilinan – P13,471,564.17
- Francis Escudero – P8,502,082.09
- Leila de Lima – P7,944,973.69
- Antonio Trillanes IV – P6,871,743.64
Former senator Alan Peter Cayetano's SALN was not included, because he was appointed to the Department of Foreign Affairs in May 2017. – Rappler.com