CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY, Philippines – The city’s Commission on Elections over the weekend suspended the proclamation of winning Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) candidates for being overage.
Fourteen winning SK candidates from the city will have their proclamation suspended, or will be reported by the COMELEC to the Regional Department on Interior and Local Government (DILG) for proper action.
COMELEC Regional Director Renato Magbutay earlier said, of those winning candidates who were already proclaimed, it will be the DILG who will have to act on their proclamations as they were already overage.
The winning candidates who are suspended are:
- Ian King March Pimentel Miyake, Barangay Cugman – SK Chairman
- Michelle Jose Tamparong, Barangay 25 – SK councilor
- Samson Roa, Tumpagon – SK Chairman
- Daryl Jay Miego Romero, Barangay 32 – SK Councilor
- Jocecl Lauderes, Barangay 21 – SK Councilor
- Augustine Racaza Laron, Indahag –SK Chairman
- John Baltazar Padinit Joaqin, Bonbon – SK Councilor
- John Vincent Velez Bacarro, Barangay 32 –SK Councilor
- Jomar Rementizo Salinas, Barangay 17 – SK Councilor
- Joanne Tahud Binolirao, Barangay 4 – SK Councilor
- Michael Macalaguing Waslo, Mambuaya – SK Councilor
- Ronel Dalao Yacap, Jr, Tignapoloan – SK Councilor
- Zaimer Caare Nangcas, Tuburan – SK Chairman
- Juven Pagara Rivera, Barangay 29 – SK Councilor
Magbutay said that, prior to the filing of Certificate of Candidacy (CoC), these candidates were already informed by the COMELEC of their disqualification because they were over the age of 24 on the day of the election.
Magbutay added that the DILG will now deal with those proclaimed winners while those who were not declared yet were suspended by the Barangay Board of Canvasser and will not be proclaimed. – Rappler.com