DOLE: Over 125,000 jobs in Independence Day fairs
MANILA, Philippines – Around 125,000 vacancies across the country will be available for jobseekers on Independence Day, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) announced on Wednesday, June 6.
DOLE said employment opportunities will be offered in 21 sites, with a total of 621 participating employers from the public and private sector, on June 12.
The vacancies include 63,426 local jobs, 53,636 overseas jobs, and 7,770 posts in the military service.
Local jobs with the most number of vacancies are in the industry and service sector: production machine operator, construction worker, mason, carpenter, company driver, production worker, service crew, customer service representative, and retail and sales agent.
Vacancies in the military are for officers or enlisted personnel at the Philippine Navy, Philippine National Police, and the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology.
Meanwhile, those looking for overseas employment may apply for the following vacancies: service worker, nurse, engineer, general labor, technician, forecourt (petrol filler), butcher in supermarket, sales personnel, hospital worker, and carpenter.
Overseas employment destinations are in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Malaysia, Japan, and New Zealand.
Here are the venues of the DOLE-sponsored job fairs:
- National Capital Region – Senior Citizen's Garden, Rizal Park, Manila
- Cordillera Administrative Region – Porta Vaga Mall Veranda, Baguio City
- Ilocos Region – Nepo Mall, Dagupan City; Candon Civic Center, Candon City, Ilocos Sur; Pacoy Ortega Gymnasium, San Fernando City, La Union
- Cagayan Valley Region – Tuguegarao People's Gym, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
- Central Luzon – Metro Town Mall, Tarlac City
- Calabarzon – Freedom Park, Kaingen, Kawit, Cavite; Sunstar Mall, Sta Cruz, Laguna
- Mimaropa - Marinduque Convention Center, Boac, Marinduque
- Bicol Region – Ayala Mall, Legazpi City, Albay
- Western Visayas – 888 China Town Square, Bacolod City
- Central Visayas – Negros Oriental Convention Center; Cebu City Sports Complex
- Eastern Visayas – Provincial Covered Court, Catbalogan City, Samar (June 15)
- Zamboanga Peninsula – KCC Mall de Zamboanga, Gov. Camins Ave. Zamboanga City; Zamboanga del Norte Cultural Convention and Sports Center, Gen. Luna St., Dipolog City
- Northern Mindanao – Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technolgy Gymnasium, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte
- Davao Region – Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras Gym), Talomo, Davao City
- Socssksargen – KCC Mall Convention Center, General Santos City
- Caraga – Provincial Capitol Training Center, Provincial Capitol Bldg. Butuan City (June 15)
DOLE's Trabaho, Negosyo, Kabuhayan fairs are done in partnership with the Department of Trade and Industry.– Rappler.com
We keep you informed because you matter
We tell you the stories that matter. We ask, we probe, we explain.
But as we strive to do all this and speak truth to power, we face constant threats to our independence.
Help us make a difference through free and fearless journalism. With your help, you enable us to keep providing you with our brand of compelling and investigative work.
Joining Rappler PLUS allows us to build communities of action with you. PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join exclusive online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.