MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – All railway systems in Metro Manila will give free rides to passengers on Tuesday, June 12, in celebration of the 120th anniversary of Independence Day.
According to the Department of Transportation (DOTr), the Philippine National Railways (PNR), Light Rail Transit (LRT) Lines 1 and 2, and Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT3) will give the free rides only during select periods on Tuesday.
See the schedules below:
- Tutuban to Alabang: 7:07 am trip; 7:37 and 6:07 pm trips
- Tutuban to Calamba: 6:37 pm trip
- Alabang to Tutuban: 7:30 am and 8 am trips; 6 pm and 6:30 pm trips
- MRT3, LRT1, and LRT2:
- 7 am to 9 am
- 5 pm to 7 pm
P2P bus rides
Point-to-point (P2P) bus operators will also give free rides for certain routes on Tuesday. Bus rides will leave every 30 minutes.
Starting 6:30 am:
- SM City Bacoor in Bacoor, Cavite to Aguinaldo Shrine in Kawit, Cavite
Starting 7 am:
- MOA Rotonda in Pasay City to Quirino Grandstand in Manila
- MRT3 Taft Avenue Station to Quirino Grandstand in Manila
P2P bus operators are RRCG Liner, DNS Incorporated, and Metro Express Connect Incorporated. – Rappler.com