Several roads in Manila closed for Iglesia ni Cristo event
MANILA, Philippines – Several roads will be closed from Saturday, July 14, to Sunday, July 15, for the Iglesia ni Cristo's (INC's) Worldwide Aid to Fight Poverty event at Rizal Park in Manila.
In an advisory issued on Wednesday, July 11, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Katigbak Drive, South Drive, and Independence Road will be closed to motorists starting Saturday at 6 pm.
By Sunday, the following areas will be closed off to passing vehicles:
- Stretch of Road-10 from Moriones to Delpan Bridge
- Stretch of Bonifacio Drive from Delpan Bridge to Katigbak Drive
- Stretch of Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak Drive to P Ocampo
- East and Westbound lane from P Burgos from Lagusnilad to Roxas Boulevard
- Finance Road from Taft Avenue to P. Burgos
- Westbound lane of TM Kalaw from M.H. del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard
- Westbound lane of President Quirino Avenue from MH del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard
The MMDA advised motorists to take the following alternative routes during the closure:
- All vehicles using the southbound lane of R-10 shall turn left to Moriones St to point of destination
- All vehicles coming from Pasay area that will use the northbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall turn right to P Ocampo Street, or use Roxas Boulevard to point of destination
- All vehicles coming from Quezon, McArthur, and Jones bridges that will use the southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard shall go straight to Taft Avenue to point of destination
- All vehicles coming from Ayala Bridge shall turn left or right to Taft Avenue to point of destination
- All vehicles using the westbound lane of President Quirino Avenue shall turn left to Mabini Street to point of destination
- Heavy vehicles or Cargo trucks shall take President Osmena Highway to President Quirino Avenue going to Nagtahan via AH Lacson to Yuseco to Capulong to R-10 (vise versa)
The MMDA expects at least 200,000 INC members to participate in the event. – Rappler.com
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As a bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.