DFA suspends consular services in NCR on September 15
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) announced the suspension of operations in all DFA Consular Offices in Metro Manila on Saturday, September 15, due to Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut).
DFA said those with confirmed passport appointments on Saturday will be accommodated within the next two weeks "at the same time schedule and location as indicated in their original appointment."
The typhoon has affected more than 126,751 individuals across 5 regions in the Philippines so far.
For passport, authentication and other consular inquiries, you may call DFA at (02) 556-0000. – Rappler.com
News you can use during Typhoon Ompong (Mangkhut):
- Weather updates and storm signals
- Reports on evacuation, emergencies, and rescue and relief efforts
- Typhoon Ompong: Free parking at SM, Ayala, Robinsons, Megaworld malls
- #WalangPasok: Class suspensions for September 13, 14, 15
- Canceled flights due to Typhoon Ompong
- Will Typhoon Ompong be the same as Super Typhoon Lawin?
- COMPARISON: Typhoon Ompong and previous Philippine typhoons
- What gov't has done so far to prepare for Typhoon Ompong
- Fact-check on viral stories related to Typhoon Ompong
- DFA giving P5,000 aid for OFWs stranded due to Typhoon Ompong
- 3 dams release water due to Typhoon Ompong
- Power lines affected by Typhoon Ompong
- Roads closed due to Typhoon Ompong