LIVE: Forum on maritime disputes in the South China Sea
MANILA, Philippines – Talks about the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) dispute heated up again following the historic state visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping to the Philippines.
A forum on Friday, November 23, planned long before the visit of Xi, aims to shed light on this issue.
The event, titled Maritime Disputes in the South China Sea: Navigating the Diplomatic Waters, is joined by high-level officials, diplomats, and experts on the South China Sea issue.
Speakers include the following:
- Judge Stanislaw Pawlak, member of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea
- Acting Chief Justice Antonio Carpio
- Dr Jay Batongbacal, director of the UP Institute for Maritime Affairs and Law of the Sea
- Senator Aquilino Pimentel III, member of the Senate committee on foreign relations
- EU Ambassador to the Philippines Franz Jessen
- Foreign Affairs Assistant Secretary Generoso Calonge
Watch the forum live on Rappler. – Rappler.com
For all stories, videos and views on Xi Jinping’s visit to the Philippines, go to this page.
We keep you informed because you matter
We tell you the stories that matter. We ask, we probe, we explain.
But as we strive to do all this and speak truth to power, we face constant threats to our independence.
Help us make a difference through free and fearless journalism. With your help, you enable us to keep providing you with our brand of compelling and investigative work.
Joining Rappler PLUS allows us to build communities of action with you. PLUS members will receive our editorial newsletters and industry reports, get to join exclusive online conversations with our award-winning journalists, and be part of our monthly events.
Make your move now. Join Rappler PLUS.