Makati extends work hours for business permit renewal, tax payments
MANILA, Philippines – With a looming January 20 deadline, Makati City Mayor Abigail Binay has ordered the city’s Business Permits and Licensing Office (BPLO) and other key offices to extend their work hours to accommodate applications for renewal of business permits, as well as tax payments.
Maribert Pagente, head of Makati’s BPLO, said their office as well as other frontline offices will be open beyond office hours on weekdays. They will also serve the public during weekends until January 20.
The extended office hours are as follows:
- January 3 and 4 (Thursday and Friday) - open until 7:30 pm
- January 5 and 6 (Saturday and Sunday) - 8 am to 5 pm
- January 7 to 11 (Monday to Friday) - 8 am to 10 pm
- January 12 and 13 (Saturday and Sunday) - 8 am to 8 pm
- January 14 to 18 (Monday to Friday) - 8 am to 10 pm
- January 19 and 20 (Saturday and Sunday) - 8 am to 10 pm
Pagente urged business owners to meet the January 20 deadline to avoid penalties on late payments.
Makati's Real Property Tax (RPT) office will also extend work hours, but will only accept payments until 7:30 pm on weekdays, and until 4 pm on weekends. Its office hours are as follows:
- January 3 and 4 - open until 9:30 pm
- January 5 and 6 - 8 am to 5 pm
- January 7 to 11 - open until 10:30 pm
- January 12 and 13 - 8 am to 5 pm
- January 14 to 18 - open until 10:30 pm
- January 19 and 20 - 8 am to 5 pm
The RPT Division said its satellite payment centers for real property taxes will also accept payments in 31 barangays, from 9 am to 4 pm, on these dates:
- January 3 and 4 - Bel-Air
- January 3 - Urdaneta
- January 4 and 7 - Dasmariñas
- January 7 - Forbes Park
- January 8 and 9 - San Lorenzo, Magallanes
- January 10 - Bangkal, Pio del Pilar, San Isidro, Palanan, San Antonio
- January 11 - La Paz, Sta. Cruz, Singkamas, Tejeros, Kasilwan
- January 14 - Carmona, Olympia, Valenzuela, Poblacion, Guadalupe Viejo
- January 15 - Guadalupe Nuevo, Pinagkaisahan, Pitogo, Cembo, South Cembo
- January 16 - West Rembo, East Rembo, Comembo, Pembo, Rizal
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.