Magnitude 5.5 earthquake strikes off Occidental Mindoro
MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – A magnitude 5.5 earthquake struck off Rizal town in Occidental Mindoro on Saturday morning, May 4.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said in its earthquake bulletin that the tremor, which was tectonic in origin, struck west of Rizal town at 9:05 am on Saturday.
The following intensities were recorded:
- Intensity III - Lipa City, Batangas; Malay, Aklan
- Intensity II - San Nicolas, Batangas; City of Manila
- Intensity IV - San Jose, Occidental Mindoro
- Intensity III - Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
- Intensity II - Tagaytay City; Malinao, Aklan; Sebaste and Culasi, Antique; Calatagan, Batangas
- Intensity I - Talisay, Batangas; Dolores and Mauban, Quezon
Aftershocks were recorded but no damage had been reported as of posting, as anticipated by Phivolcs. – Rappler.com