Please refresh this page for updates.
MANILA, Philippines – Govenrment offices were the first to announce work suspensions for Thursday, October 31, to give the people more time to prepare for the observance of All Saints’ Day and All Souls’ Day.
Here are the offices that have announced work suspensions for Undas 2019:
- Malacañang – Half day work for government offices beginning 12 noon except for those involved in the delivery of basic and health services, preparedness and response to disasters and calamities, and the performance of other vital services.
It said “the suspension of classes in private schools and work in private companies and offices are left to the sound discretion of their respective heads or employers.”
- Civil Service Commission – No work in all CSC central and regional offices (but previously scheduled activities such as training programs and meetings with other government agencies will not be canceled)
- Supreme Court – All courts (SC, Court of Appeals, Sandiganbayan, Court of Tax Appeals, Presidential Electoral Tribunal, and all first- and second-level courts) will have a half-day work schedule until 12 noon
Following the Malacañang announcement, the Department of Education suspended classes and offices in all levels at public schools starting noon on October 31.
Here are the areas and private schools that suspended classes and/or work in government offices on October 31 for the observance of Undas, and also in relation to the magnitude 6.6 earthquake that rocked Mindanao on October 29.
- Manila – Classes in all levels in public and private schools, local government offices
- Dagupan City, Pangasinan – Special non-working day for all government offices, and private and public schools at all levels
- Tuguegarao, Cagayan – Suspension of classes in all levels in private and public schools, and work in government offices starting 12 noon
- Cotabato province – Classes in all levels to give way to the provincial govenrment’s post-earthquake rapid damage analysis
- Zamboanga del Sur – Work in government offices except frontline services at the Zamboanga del Sur Medical Center and Malasakit Center, and security units
- CIIT Philippines, Quezon City – Classes in all levels
- UP Diliman – Classes in all levels and offices, starting 12 noon
- Cagayan State University – Classes in all levels and offices
- Baliuag University, Bulacan – Classes, offices starting 12 noon
- University of Batangas – Classes in all levels, offices beginning 12 noon; no classes for College of Law
- Lyceum of the Philippines University Batangas – Classes in all levels, offices
- Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation, Lucena City, Quezon – Classes in all levels, offices
- University of Nueva Caceres, Naga City – Classes in all levels, from 12 noon onwards
- Ateneo de Davao University – Classes in all levels, offices but the finance office will be open during office hours on October 31 in view of the ongoing student enrollment
- Lyceum of the Philippines University Davao – Classes in all levels, offices
November 1 and 2 are special non-working holidays. – Rappler.com