MANILA, Philippines – Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) chairman Antonio “Bebot” Villar is suing the German and his 4 cohorts who were allegedly responsible for his botched stem cell treatment last year.
Villar, through his lawyer, filed the complaint before the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) on Thursday, July 4.
The former mayor of Sto. Tomas, Pangasinan, said he fell ill after undergoing stem cell treatment at the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel in Mandaluyong City on June 9, 2012.
In an earlier report, Villar said his wife also felt worse after getting stem cell treatment.
Villar reportedly spent about 15,000 Euros for the treatment, or more than P812,000 at the time the procedure was conducted.
Among the subjects of the complaint are a German doctor, a Thai doctor, two Thai nurses, and a Filipino who recruited patients.
The CIDG, however, said the foreigners could have already left the country. Nevertheless, the foreigners could be charged for violation of The Medical Act of 1959 over the botched treatment.
The Philippine Medical Association earlier said 3 government officials died of complications from stem cell treatments done in the country by non-licensed practitioners. – Rappler.com