DPWH to repair major roads during Holy Week
MANILA, Philippines - With many Metro Manila residents out of town to observe Holy Week, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will take advantage of light traffic to speed up repairs for major roads in the metropolis.
It will be a working holiday for those field personnel assigned to carry out the repair work, starting 12 a.m. on Good Friday, April 6, and ending 12 p.m. on Monday, April 9.
The repair works are being rushed to minimize public inconvenience, though DPWH advises that that motorists should expect traffic build-up in the folowing highway sections undergoing road repairs:
- EDSA, Quezon City (Northbound) going Cubao Area, between Liberty and Main Avenue
- EDSA (Northbound and Southbound), Mandaluyong City
- España Boulevard, Sampaloc, Manila, from Corola to Welcome Rotonda
- Nagtahan Fly-over Service Road, from R. Magsaysay Boulevard to Ruiloba Street
- Magsaysay Boulevard, Sampaloc, Manila, from Sociego to Rotonda
- Aurora Boulevard (Eastbound) from F. Castillo St. to J.P. Rizal (one lane only-outer lane)
- Boni Serrano Avenue between 10th to 7th Avenue
- A.H. Lacson Street, Sampaloc, Manila from Rotonda to Ma. Clara
- Pasong Tamo Avenue between Makati Diversion Channel and EDSA (center lane)
- South Superhighway (Northbound) from Magallanes to Zobel Roxas
- Daang Maharlika, Muntinlupa City
- Along Osmeña Bridge 2, Manila, from San Andres Street to Zobel Roxas St.
- Along Bonifacio Drive, from Anda Circle to 2nd St., Port Area, Manila
DPWH has asked those with concerns or complaints to call 165-02 or text DPWH (space) message to 2920. - Rappler.com