Social media: No to Napoles as state witness

Rappler.com

There was euphoria on social media Wednesday night when news broke of the surrender of pork barrel queen Janet Napoles. It was short-lived though, when details of the surrender surfaced. Based on a scan of Facebook, Twitter, blogs, news sites and comments from 9:30pm to midnight, August 28, Twitter came alive with 23,000 online mentions. But when netizens learned Napoles surrendered to Aquino in Malacanang Palace, many thought it was not appropriate, with some accusing the government of giving her “special treatment” by guaranteeing her security. Netizens also reacted when Interior Secretary Mar Roxas mentioned the possibility of turning Napoles into a state witness. As of 6pm on August 29, 60% of the sentiment is negative. The other 40% is positive largely because they believe that if Napoles turns state witness, the public will learn more about the masterminds behind the pork barrel scam.

Read more on Rappler.

More of the conversations found here.

Add a comment

Sort by

There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.