MANILA, Philippines – President Benigno Aquino III has a message for both government and private agencies alike: Merely good enough is not enough.
On Thursday, March 20, during the Philippine Quality Awards ceremony recognizing outstanding organizations, Aquino emphasized the importance of providing quality service and improving standards.
“Let us reinforce the culture of quality and competence that has taken root in the Philippines. If we continue working together – whichever sector we may be in – we can ingrain a culture that shuns mediocrity, and consistently pursue excellence. We can build on our successes as one country, and complete our turnaround into a society of inclusiveness and opportunity,” he said.
Aquino also said that with technology, there is no longer any excuse for mediocre work.
“With the advent of new, scientific discoveries in almost every possible field of expertise, there are very few excuses left for substandard work, and it is up to all of us— whether in the public or private sector — to usher in an era of precision, of heightened standards for every possible product and service,” he said.
At the event, Aquino recognized 5 organizations in the public and private sector that have contributed to the country’s productivity and competitiveness and challenged them to aim even further and continue accomplishing more.
The recipients were the following:
- Philippine Information Agency, under Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr.
- Department of Science and Technology Region XI, headed by Dr. Anthony Sales
- Lyceum of the Philippine University, headed by Atty Roberto P. Laurel
- Philippines Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation, headed by Dr. Rosita L. Navarro
- Zamboanga Polymedic Hospital, headed by Erwin G. To
There are no comments yet. Add your comment to start the conversation.