Metro Manila road reblocking: April 4-7
MANILA, Philippines – The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will be doing roadworks, mostly on sections of EDSA, this weekend, beginning 10 pm of April 4 until 5 am of April 7.
In an advisory, the DPWH said it had obtained clearance from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) to do road reblocking and repairs in the following areas:
- Along EDSA, between Roosevelt Avenue and East Lawin (Southbound, 4th lane)
- Along Balete Drive, between Aurora Boulevard and Campanilla (1st lane)
- Along EDSA, between Guadalupe Bridge and Ayala Avenue (Southbound, 1st land)
- Along EDSA, between Reliance and Ortigas Avenue (Northbound, 1st lane of Shaw Boulevard tunnel)
- Along EDSA, between Santolan and Ortigas Avenue (Southbound, 5th lane from Santolan to approach of Ortigas flyover and on 1st lane of service road of Ortigas flyover)
- Along EDSA, between New York Street and Monte de Piedad (Southbound, 1st lane)
In a separate statement, the MMDA advised motorists to use alternative routes.
Over 57,417.86 square meters of road sections along EDSA have been repaired by the DPWH so far. All in all, the department needs to repair over 85,000 square meters of road sections along one of Metro Manila's busiest thoroughfares.
All sections being repaired will be fully passable by Monday morning, April 7. – Rappler.com
In these changing times, courage and clarity become even more important.
Take discussions to the next level with Rappler PLUS — your platform for deeper insights, closer collaboration, and meaningful action.
Sign up today and access exclusive content, events, and workshops curated especially for those who crave clarity and collaboration in an intelligent, action-oriented community.
As an added bonus, we’re also giving a free 1-year Booky Prime membership for the next 200 subscribers.
You can also support Rappler without a PLUS membership. Help us stay free and independent by making a donation: https://www.rappler.com/crowdfunding. Every contribution counts.