MANILA, Philippines – The traffic caused by road repairs in Metro Manila won’t end anytime soon.
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) revealed on Saturday, April 26, that it still has 2,000 square meters of road sections left to repair along EDSA.
That’s almost 7% left of the total of 30,000 square meters of EDSA road space covered by the DPWH’s concrete reblocking program.
Public Works Secretary Rogelio Singson said the concrete reblocking on remaining road sections would continue this summer following last week’s road works.
“That is what we are after. We want these to be completed before the summer ends,” Singson said.
As of Monday, private contractors have finished working on 28,000 square meters.
Vehicles on EDSA have been literally reduced to crawling speed when the construction began, leaving only two lanes of EDSA passable.
Singson said commuters will likely encounter heavy traffic for more weeks.
He added that DPWH it is still waiting for the approval of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) on the remaining road works.
According to Singson, the next phase after the road reblocking will be the asphalt overlays. – Rappler.com