23 of 54 accused in PDAF scam post bail
MANILA, Philippines – The number of accused in the pork barrel scam cases who have secured their temporary liberty is now at 23.
On Monday, June 23, at least 14 individuals posted bail before the 3 divisions of the anti-graft court Sandiganbayan handling the plunder and graft cases involving the illegal diversion of lawmakers' development funds to ghost project and fake organizations.
All 14 are charged of graft, specifically in violation of Section 3(e) of the Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act.
The 14 who posted bail Monday also included those who posted bail last June 20 before the Sandiganbayan's 1st division. A number of these people are respondents in more than one of the many cases primarily involving 3 senators.
On Friday, June 20, the 1st division issued a warrant of arrest against Senator Ramon Revilla Jr and all his co-accused, prompting them to post bail on the same day.
Some of these accused, however, were again ordered arrested Monday as co-respondents in the cases against Senator Jinggoy Estrada.
Bail was initially set at P30,000 per count for the graft charges, but various motions to reduce bail were granted by the court.
Notably, Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Undersecretary Mario Relampagos and other budget officials asked the court to reduce their bail to P5,000 per count. Their motion was granted.
The first to post bail Monday was Gregoria Buenaventura, employee at state firm National Livelihood Development Corporation (NLDC). She also asked the court to reduce her bail, saying she was a "lowly government employee" with a monthly take-home pay of a little more than P15,500.
List based on court records
As of 4:30 pm Monday, among those who had posted bail were:
- Mario Relampagos, DBM undersecretary
- Rosario Salamida Nuñez, DBM
- Lalaine Narag Paule, DBM
- Marilou Dialino Bare, DBM
- Dennis Cunanan, former Technology Research Center director general
- Francisco B. Figura, former TRC group manager
- Marivic V. Jover, TRC chief accountant
- Eulogio Rodriguez, JLN corporation employee
- Consuelo Lilian R. Espiritu, TRC budget officer IV
- Evelyn D. De Leon, president of Philippine Social Development Foundation Incorporated (PSDFI)
- Gondeline G. Amata, NLDC president
- Chita Jalandoni, NLDC's Finance and Administration Group Director IV
- Jocelyn D. Piorato, Agrikultura Para sa Magbubukid Foundation Incorporated (APMFI)
- Jesus Castillo Jr, Dalangpan San Aman Utod Foundation
- James Christopher Napoles, son of Janet Napoles
- Jo Christine Napoles, daughter of Janet Napoles
- Dorilyn Fabian, APMFI
- Nitz Cabilao, Kaupdan Para sa Mangunguma Foundation
- Fernando Ramirez, Napoles' employee
- Renato Ornopia, JLN Corporation employee
- Encarnita Christina P. Munsod, former support services supervisor at National Agri-Business Corporation
- Ma Rosalinda Lacsamana, former TRC group manager
- Gregoria Buenaventura, NLDC employee