Grace Poe tops VP survey
MANILA, Philippines – Neophyte senator Grace Poe is the top choice to become the Philippines' next vice president, according to a new poll released by Pulse Asia.
Poe leads with 31% of respondents saying they will vote for her, the survey conducted September 8-15 shows. It is significantly higher than her 26% in the June survey.
Poe is also among the top contenders in the presidential race, with 10% of voters saying they will vote for her. Pulse Asia polled 1,200 respondents nationwide. (READ: VP Binay's lead in presidential poll drops)
Trailing Poe in the vice-presidential race is close ally Senator Francis Escudero with 19% of respondents saying they will vote for him. Only Poe and Escudero registered double digit numbers.
The other names in the survey are the following:
- Senator Alan Peter Cayetano (9%)
- Senator Antonio Trillanes IV (7%)
- Senator Bongbong Marcos (6%)
- Governor Vilma Santos (6%)
- Senator Jinggoy Estrada (5%)
- Senator Frank Drilon (5%)
- Senator Bong Revilla (3%)
- Representative Leni Robredo (3%)
- Businessman Manuel Pangilinan (2%)