NDRRMC issues flood advisory for 14 provinces
MANILA, Philippines – With the tail-end of a cold front, the northeast monsoon, and a low pressure area affecting different parts of the country, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Saturday, December 27, released flood advisories covering 3 regions and 14 provinces.
Some 14 provinces in the Calabarzon, Mimaropa, and Bicol regions will experience light to moderate rain showers and thunderstorms on Friday as a result of the tail-end of a cold front. (READ: Cloudy, rainy Saturday for most of the Philippines)
The LPA, meanwhile, is currently some 660 kilometers east of Surigao del Sur.
Waterways likely to be affected by light to moderate rain showers and thunderstorms include:
- Quezon rivers and tributaries in Upper Umiray, Lower Bolbok (Lawaya), Malaking Ilong, Iyam, Macalelon, Catanauan, Silongin Lagda, Pagsanjan, Yabahaan, Bigol, Guinhalinan, Vinas, Calauag, Pandanan, Sta Lucia, Lugan, Malaybalay, Maapon, Bucal, Lakayat, Tingoan, Agos, Anibawan (Polilio Island), Upper Kibay, and Catabangan
- Batangas rivers and tributaries in Lian, Banabang-Molino, Pansipit, Kapumpong, Rosario-Lobo, Upper Bolbok and Lawaya.
- Cavite rivers and tributaries in Laboc (Balsahan), Canas, Ilang-Ilang, and Imus
- Laguna rivers and tributaries in Sta Maria, Pagsanjan, Fila-Sta Criz, San Juan and San Cristobal
- Rizal rivers and tributaries in Upper Marikina and Kaliwa
- Mindoro rivers and tributaries in San Jose, Rizal, Magsaysay, Calintaan, Baco, Naujan, Roxas, Calapan, Pinamalayan, Pola, San Teodoro, Mamburao, Sablayan, Paluan, Abre de Ilog
- Marinduque rivers and tributaries
- Romblon rivers and tributaries
- Albay rivers and tributaries in Guinale and Upper Donsol
- Camarines Norte rivers and tributaries in Labo, Daet and Basud
- Camarines Sur rivers and tributaries in lower Kilbay-Katabangan, Ragay, Tinalmud, Tambang and Lagonoy
- Sorsogon rivers and tributaries in lower Donsol, Ogod, Putiao, Cadacan, Banuang-Duan, Fabrica (Tugbugan) and Matnog
- Catanduanes rivers and tributaries in Cabuyan, Bato and Pajo
- Masbate rivers and tributaries in Lanang, Mapayawan, Mandaong, Asid, Malbag, Guiom, Nainday, Daraga, Nauco (Aguado) and Beleno
The NDRRMC warned those living in mountain slopes and low lying areas of the mentioned river systems, as well as the concerned Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils, to be on alert. – Rappler.com