Plunder hearing vs Arroyo tomorrow, July 26
MANILA, Philippines - The Sandiganbayan will hear tomorrow, Thursday, July 26, the motion of former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo to suspend the plunder proceedings against her and defer the issuance of an arrest warrant.
Court sources told Rappler the hearing has been scheduled at 8.30 a.m. at the Sandiganbayan's second division.
Through counsels last week, Mrs Arroyo asked the court to suspend hearings on the plunder case filed against her and 9 other ex-officials by the Ombudsman for allegedly misusing charity funds of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office.
Arroyo's lawyers said they will appeal the plunder suit, claiming it has no legal basis.
The Sandiganbayan issued on July 24 a hold departure order against Arroyo and ex-PSCO chair Sergio Valencia, but not an arrest warrant.
On Wednesday, July 25, a Pasay court granted Mrs Arroyo bail in connection with an electoral sabotage case filed against her in November 11 and which was used as basis for her arrest and continued detention at the Veterans Memorial Medical Center. - Rappler.com
More in #ArroyoWatch:
- Sandiganbayan: Why was Arroyo released?
- Comelec to file motion against Arroyo bail
- Court grants Arroyo bail in election case
- Court bars Arroyo, ex-PCSO chair from leaving
- Arroyo, 9 others charged with plunder
- Arroyo bail feared due to 'rushed' case
- Ombudsman asked to file plunder case vs Arroyo
- Comelec broke rules to charge Arroyo