This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
MANILA, Philippines – The reply that Senator Grace Poe submitted to the Senate Electoral Tribunal to prove her being a natural-born Filipino was accompanied by 22 annexes.
(READ the full text of the senator’s reply to the disqualification case filed against her by lawyer Rizalito David before the SET.)
Poe has asked the SET to dismiss the case since the petitioner had supposedly failed to question her qualifications within the prescribed period.
Poe topped the senatorial elections in 2013, but the questions on her citizenship – consequently, her qualification for an elective post – have been revived since she emerged a strong contender for the 2016 presidential polls.
The 22 documents she submitted as annexes to her reply included:
- Senator Grace Poe’s Original Certificate of Live Birth
- Decision of the Municipal Trial Court of San Juan, Rizal granting FPJ’s and Susan Roces’ Petition to adopt Grace Poe
- Poe’s New Certificate of Live Birth
- Poe’s 1986 voter’s identification card issued by the Commission on Elections
- Poe’s passports issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs in 1988, 1993, 1998, 2009, and 2014
- Poe’s Tax Identification Number ID card issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue
- Poe’s sworn petition filed with the BI to reacquire her natural-born Philippine citizenship pursuant to Republic Act Number 9225
- Poe’s Oath of Allegiance to the Philippines under RA 9225
- Poe’s petitions for derivative citizenship on behalf of her 3 children
- Office Order Number AFF-06-9133 granting Poe’s petitions issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI)
- BI-issued Identification Certificates in Poe’s name and in the names of her 3 children
- Stub of Poe’s application form when she registered as a voter at Barangay Santa Lucia, San Juan City, on 31 August 2006
- Poe’s appointment as MTRCB chairperson
- Poe’s “Affidavit of Renunciation of Allegiance to the United States of America and Renunciation of American Citizenship” dated 20 October 2010
- Poe’s transmittal letter (containing her Affidavit of Renunciation) to the BI
- Poe’s Oath of Office as MTRCB chairperson dated 21 October 2010
- Poe’s Oath/Affirmation of Renunciation of Nationality of the United States dated 12 July 2011 executed before the Vice Consul at the USA Embassy in Manila
- Poe’s accomplished sworn “Questionnaire” before the US Vice Consul
- Certificate of Loss of Nationality of the United States issued by the U.S. Vice Consul attesting that under USA. laws, Poe lost her USA citizenship effective 21 October 2010 when she took her oath of office as chairperson of the MTRCB
- Last page of Poe’s USA passport reflecting that Poe lost her USA citizenship effective 21 October 2010
- Poe’s Certificate of Candidacy for Senator
- Rizalito David’s Affidavit-Complaint filed with the COMELEC Law Department
Below are the copies of the documents released by her office on Wednesday, September 2: