This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article.
This compilation was migrated from our archives
Visit the archived version to read the full article.
In 2013, Rappler brought together journalism, technology and community in its coverage of the senatorial and local elections.
For the 2016 Presidential Elections, technology will bring together compelling journalism, an informed citizenry and an engaged crowd in one common journey: the search for #TheLeaderIWant.
To guide voters along this journey and help make informed decisions, Rappler and its partners will provide content, tools, conversations, and events that will help them assess and choose the leader they want based on issues that matter.
Media partners, DZRH-MBC & Media ng Bayan (formerly PTV-4), plan to “roadblock” about 200 television and radio stations across the Philippines and telecast the forum live from 3-5pm. Take part in the surveys nationwide on whatever platform you prefer: online, mobile, radio & television.
#TheLeaderIWant Forum 2016
Moderated by Maria Ressa
WHEN: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 2 PM Registration 3 PM Start
WHERE: De La Salle University’s Teresa Yuchengco Auditorium
#TheLeaderIWant aims to stimulate substantive interactions & communicate platforms. It will have the following highlights:
- Inclusive format: Candidates will have ample time to discuss their programs (Part 1 of the debate)
- Focus on issues: Vice Presidential candidates will ask everyone including his/her running mate the same 2 questions.
- Wisdom of the crowd: Candidates’ staff can track the crowdsourced questions that will be curated from social media
- The POWER OF SOCIAL MEDIA and the reach of a Facebook partnership, its first forum collaboration outside the US
- Brings together the widest group of schools, universities and issue advocates
- Media partners include:
- RADIO DZRH-MBC. Up to 175 stations, including FM:
- 10 Aksyon Radio
- 15 Relay Stations of DZRH
- 100 Radyo Natin stations
- Includes Easy Rock on FM 96.3, DZRH Network, Love radio Network (DZMB), Yes FM Network, Easy Rock Network, Radio Natin FM Network
- Agusan Del Sur
- Zamboanga Sibugay
Part I: Tandem Platform
- Presidential candidate talks about platform. 10 min
- Presidential candidate answers questions
- – 1 question from a VP randomly drawn + 1 follow-up question by moderator
- – 2 *crowdsourced questions + 2 follow-up questions by moderator
Part II: Issue-based Q and A with Veeps
- Each VP candidate talks about platform. 10 min
- 2 crowdsourced* questions for each VP + 2 follow-up questions by moderator
Part III: Issue-based Q and A with senatorial candidate
- Each senatorial candidate talks about platform. 5 min
- 2 crowdsourced* questions for each senatorial candidate + 2 follow-up questions by moderator
1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Registration and briefing
2:00pm to 2:45pm
- Settling down
2:45pm to 3:00pm
- National Anthem
- Prayers by Pramela Menghrajani, President, DLSU Student Government
- Br. Raymundo B. Suplido FSC, President, DLSU
3:00pm to 3:25pm
- Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte on his platform
- Senator Alan Peter Cayetano on his platform
3:30pm to 4:20pm
- Question and answer
4:20pm to 4:35pm
- Neri Colmenares
- Lorna Kapunan
- Martin Romualdez
4:40pm to 5:00pm
- Open Discussion
* Crowdsourced video questions submitted via Facebook. Rappler started crowdsourcing questions via Facebook. The most liked questions will be top choices. Click here for a preview of the crowdsourced questions