MANILA, Philippines – Senatorial bet Bam Aquino said his ex-boss, former President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, should face prosecution in court, adding he felt betrayed by her acts.
“Si GMA, kailangan po siyang managot sa kanyang mga ginawa. Nasa korte na po natin ‘yan,” Aquino said during the Rappler debate on Saturday, April 13, facing a question from social media. (GMA needs to be held accountable for what she did. That’s already in the courts.)
(Watch this portion of the Rappler debate below.)
From 2001 to 2006, Aquino worked under Arroyo as head of the National Youth Commission. His father, campaign strategist Paul Aquino, was adviser to the lady president.
Bam is now running under the Liberal Party led by President Benigno Aquino III, his first cousin who won in 2010 on an anti-Arroyo platform.
“It’s such a betrayal,” Aquino said of Arroyo’s alleged acts of corruption. She now faces charges of electoral sabotage and plunder before different courts.
Aquino has denied knowing about cheating under Arroyo’s term. “The truth is I didn’t know about the cheating that happened,” he told Rappler on the sidelines of a Team PNoy rally last March 17.
In another interview for Rappler’s #PHvote series, Aquino denounced as black propaganda the insinuations of links to Mrs Arroyo.
“It is orchestrated. And it did come out when my numbers started picking up,” Aquino said. – Rappler.com
- IN PHOTOS: #RapplerDebate
- #RapplerDebate and the ‘nerve-racking’ mood meter
- #RapplerDebate trends worldwide
- #RapplerDebate bets: Why vote for me?
- Hontiveros: Teen moms dying without RH law
- Poe defends FPJ’s ‘lack of political experience’
- Gordon: I’ve got qualifications, not just inherited name
- Villanueva: All religions should be equal
- Bam: PH not perfect under Aquino, but…
- El Shaddai confirms support for 6 bets
- Gordon: You want ‘bobo’ for new nat’l anthem?
- ‘Betrayed’ Bam wants his ex-boss Arroyo in court
- Hontiveros to Casiño: Why mum on NPA abuses
- #RapplerDebate: The social media campaign trail
- Click on your emotions in the #RapplerDebate mood meter