QUEZON CITY, Philippines – On Saturday, April 13, Rappler held its first senatorial debate at Liwasang Aurora inside the Quezon Memorial Circle in Quezon City.
The debate brought together candidates Bam Aquino, Grace Poe, Eddie Villanueva, Risa Hontiveros, Teddy Casiño, and Richard Gordon.
They were given time to ask fellow candidates questions, as well as answer questions from the audience and social media.
Supporters of the different candidates, along with Move.PH partners and other groups, filled the audience area.
Rappler asked our volunteer photographers and contributors to capture the mood of the debate through photos, which we’ve compiled in this slideshow:
- IN PHOTOS: #RapplerDebate
- #RapplerDebate and the ‘nerve-racking’ mood meter
- #RapplerDebate trends worldwide
- #RapplerDebate bets: Why vote for me?
- Hontiveros: Teen moms dying without RH law
- Poe defends FPJ’s ‘lack of political experience’
- Gordon: I’ve got qualifications, not just inherited name
- Villanueva: All religions should be equal
- Bam: PH not perfect under Aquino, but…
- El Shaddai confirms support for 6 bets
- Gordon: You want ‘bobo’ for new nat’l anthem?
- ‘Betrayed’ Bam wants his ex-boss Arroyo in court
- Hontiveros to Casiño: Why mum on NPA abuses
- #RapplerDebate: The social media campaign trail
- Click on your emotions in the #RapplerDebate mood meter