Political aspirants in 81 provinces filed their certificates of candidacies October 1-8.
In Abra, they are running in 1 congressional district and 27 municipalities.
Who will be running for elective positions in Abra in the coming May 2022 polls?
This page has been updated to reflect the Commission on Elections’ tentative list “based on the initial evaluation of the Certificates of Nomination, Certificates of Candidacy and Certificates of Nomination and Acceptance.”
The Comelec says “the contents of the list…are subject to change as a result of any further evaluation or resolution” of the commission en banc.
- Eustaquio “Takit” Bersamin (Partido Para sa Demokratikong Reporma or PDR)
- Xandro Alexander Cariño (Independent)
- Derdrei Roce “Deydey Luna” Ifurung (Aksyon Demokratiko)
- Dominic “Nic” Valera (Asenso)
For Vice Governor
- Maria Jocelyn “Joy” Bernos (Asenso)
- Rosario “Chari” Bersamin (PDR)
- Roger Luna (Aksyon Demokratiko)
For Board Member
- Carlos Aquino (Aksyon Demokratiko)
- Victorino Baroña Jr. (Asenso)
- Rodolfo de la Paz (Asenso)
- Amador Diaz (Asenso)
- Arturo Gayao (Asenso)
- David Puglay (Aksyon Demokratiko)
- Patrocinio “Pat” Abaya Jr. (Asenso)
- Russell Bragas (Asenso)
- Fremelinda “Fremie” Galinada (Aksyon Demokratiko)
- Maria Elena “Gina” Jenkins (Asenso)
- Bernadine “Berna” Joson (Aksyon Demokratiko)
- Joy Chrisma Luna (Aksyon Demokratiko)
- Allan Seares (Asenso)
For congressional representative
- Menchie “Ching” Bernos (Nacionalista Party)
We will post the official list of candidates once the Commission on Elections makes it available in November.