Political aspirants in 81 provinces filed their certificates of candidacies October 1-8.
In Guimaras, they are running in 1 congressional district and 5 municipalities.
Who will be running for elective positions in Guimaras in the coming May 2022 polls?
This page has been updated to reflect the Commission on Elections’ tentative list “based on the initial evaluation of the Certificates of Nomination, Certificates of Candidacy and Certificates of Nomination and Acceptance.”
The Comelec says “the contents of the list…are subject to change as a result of any further evaluation or resolution” of the commission en banc.
- Jose Ramon Cacho (Kilusang Bagong Lipunan or KBL)
- Joaquin Carlos Rahman Nava (National Unity Party or NUP)
For Vice Governor
- Vicente “Etik” de Asis (Partido Federal ng Pilipinas or PFP)
- John Edward Gando (PDP-Laban)
For Board Member
- Rogelio “Roger” Artajo (PFP)
- Raymond Gavileño (PDP-Laban)
- Cecile Gumarin (PDP-Laban)
- Perfecto “Boking” Habaña Jr. (PDP-Laban)
- Pacifico “Pykes” Talabero (PFP)
- Aurelio “Apoy” Tionado (PDP-Laban)
- Alejandro “Doc Alex” Araneta (NUP)
- Alexcaesar “Boy” Callado (Promdi)
- Marilyn “Lynlyn” Edang (NUP)
- Felipe Hilan “Nene” Nava (NUP)
- Luben Vilches (PDP-Laban)
For congressional representative
- Ma. Lucille Nava (PDP-Laban)
- Diosdado “Dado” Veloso (KBL)
Cities and municipalities
- Leopoldo “Leo” Are (Independent)
- Cresente “Toto Engue” Chavez Jr. (PFP)
- Ruben Corpuz (PDP-Laban)
For Vice Mayor
- David Gano (NUP)
We will post the official list of candidates once the Commission on Elections makes it available.