The Commission on Election (Comelec) is extending its office hours for voter registration in certain areas of the country.
Starting Saturday, October 16, Comelec offices and mall registration sites will be open for voter registration from Mondays to Fridays from 9 am to 7 pm and Saturdays from 8 am to 5 pm.
This applies only to the following areas:
- All cities and municipalities in the National Capital Region
- The municipalities in Alcala and San Quintin in Pangasinan
- Tarlac City and the municipalities of Capas and Concepcion in Tarlac
- All municipalities and cities in Quezon province
- Labo, Camarines Norte
- Castilla, Sorsogon
- The cities of Cebu, Mandaue, and Lapu-Lapu in Cebu province
Saturday registration from 8 am to 5 pm will also be available in the following areas:
- The municipalities of Anda, Sto. Tomas, and Sual in Pangasinan
- The municipalities of Aringay, Balaoan, and Caba in La Union
- All cities and municipalities of Ilocos Sur
- The municipalities of Balatan, Bula, Cabusao, Goa, Lagonoy, Libmanan, Magarao, Minalabac, Ragay, Sagñay, San Fernando, San Jose, Tigaon, and Tinambac in Camarines Sur
The schedule for the rest of the country is still Mondays to Fridays from 8 am to 5 pm. Comelec offices will also accept registrants on Saturday, October 30 from 8 am to 5 pm.
Voter registration for the May 9, 2022 elections was supposed to end on September 30, but was extended by the Comelec following pressure from lawmakers. President Rodrigo Duterte eventually signed a law to extend the registration after the Comelec announced their decision.
Meanwhile, registration for overseas voters, which was also supposed to end on September 30, ended on Thursday. – Rappler.com