The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases on Thursday, October 28, expanded the pilot alert level system to three more regions: Central Luzon, Western Visayas, and Northern Mindanao.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque announced this during his regular briefing on Friday, October 29. He added that the IATF also added Baguio City as an area for special monitoring.
Here are the classifications for provinces and cities that are part of the alert level system:
- Alert Level 4 – Aurora, Bacolod City, Negros Oriental, and Davao Occidental
- Alert Level 3 – Baguio City, Bataan, Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Iloilo City, Siquijor, Lanao del Norte, Davao City, and Davao del Norte
- Alert Level 2 – Angeles City, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Olongapo City, Pampanga, Tarlac, Batangas, Quezon Province, Lucena City, Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo, Negros Occidental, Bohol, Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Cebu Province, Bukidnon, Cagayan de Oro City, Camiguin, Iligan City, Misamis Occidental, Misamis Oriental, Davao de Oro, Davao del Sur, and Davao Oriental
Roque said that Metro Manila would remain under Alert Level 3 until November 14 despite the decreasing number of new COVID-19 cases. He explained that this was a precautionary measure as the government had also approved the gradual increase in public transportation to up to 100% starting November 4.
The government can downgrade to Alert Level 2 if the cases in Metro Manila do not increase in the next two weeks, he added.
Other risk-level classifications
Roque also announced the following restrictions for other areas that are not yet part of the expanded alert level system:
From November 1 to 15, 2021
- Modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ) – Mountain Province, Catanduanes, and Zamboanga City
From November 1 to 30, 2021
- General community quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions – Abra, Cagayan, Isabela, City of Santiago, Nueva Vizcaya, and Quirino
- GCQ – Ifugao, Benguet, Apayao, Kalinga, Ilocos Sur, Dagupan City, Batanes, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Albay, Naga City, Camarines Norte, Tacloban City, Zamboanga Sibugay, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, General Santos City, Sarangani, North Cotabato, South Cotabato, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Butuan City, Dinagat Islands, Cotabato City, and Lanao del Sur
- Modified GCQ – All other areas not mentioned