Presidential Spokesman Harry Roque said he has been deemed fit enough to transfer out of his room at the Philippine General Hospital (PGH) and move to a temporary treatment and monitoring facility (TTMF).
"I was told that I should arrange for a TTMF beginning Wednesday," Roque said during a virtual Malacañang press briefing on Tuesday, April 13.
A TTMF is a type of facility that accommodates COVID-19 patients with mild symptoms in order to free up hospital beds for persons with moderate to severe symptoms.
Roque defended his hospital admission by saying he was in "bad shape" at the time he sought a PGH room on Friday, April 10. Previously, he said his oxygen level had dropped to 90%, which is below the normal 98%.
But by Sunday, April 11, the Duterte spokesman said he felt better after taking remdesivir, an anti-viral drug.
Roque also spoke more about the details of his COVID-19 reinfection.
He said he started feeling symptoms on Monday, April 5. The day after, he got swab-tested. Rappler sources have said Roque's positive results were released on Thursday, April 8, or a day before he was admitted into PGH.
Despite feeling symptoms, Roque pushed through with two press briefings on Monday and Tuesday, at the New Executive Building in the Malacañang complex. Other Palace staff had to be present to stream the press conference and assist Roque.
In his Tuesday briefing, testing czar Vince Dizon was even physically present in the same venue as Roque.
Pia Ranada covers the Office of the President and Bangsamoro regional issues for Rappler. While helping out with desk duties, she also watches the environment sector and the local government of Quezon City. For tips or story suggestions, you can reach her at email@example.com.