Inquest reveals cause of Amy Winehouse's death


A second inquest into the death of troubled British singer Amy Winehouse confirmed Tuesday, January 8, that she died of accidental alcohol poisoning. Winehouse had 416 milligrammes of alcohol per decilitre of blood in her system — more than 5 times the British legal driving limit of 80mg.


Coroner Shirley Radcliffe said the soul singer died from "alcohol toxicity," adding that it was "a level of alcohol commonly associated with fatality." Grammy award winner Winehouse was found dead at her north London home on July 23, 2011, following years of drug and alcohol addiction. She was 27. The UK's daily mail reports she spent her final hours alone in her bedroom drinking vodka and watching YouTube videos of herself.


Read more on Dailymail.